Disney-owned ABC News is launching four new shows on Disney+
ABC News debuts a daily trial show with the Tupac case
ABC News announced four multiplatform series streaming on Disney+ and Hulu. One of them, Burden of Proof, launched Monday alongside opening statements in the Tupac Shakur murder trial. The others cover interviews, search trends, and medical questions.
ABC News is putting four new shows on Disney+, and one of them started today.
Disney announced the slate Monday. All four will stream on Disney+, Hulu, ABC News Live, and across ABC News digital platforms, with audio versions on the ABC News Podcast Network.
The four new shows
All Access with Linsey Davis premieres in September. Weekly 30-minute interviews hosted by Davis, anchor of World News Tonight Sunday and Prime, sitting down with celebrities, politicians, athletes, and cultural figures.
Searched is daily programming hosted by Gio Benitez, weekend co-anchor of Good Morning America and transportation correspondent, alongside correspondent Ashan Singh. It pulls real-time data from search engines and social platforms to build each day’s stories around what people are actually looking up.
Burden of Proof is daily coverage of high-profile trials, hosted by correspondent Ike Ejiochi and Perry Russom, correspondent and weekend morning co-anchor at WABC-TV’s Eyewitness News, with a panel of ABC News legal experts. It began August 17.
Doctor’s Note arrives weekly this fall, hosted by chief medical correspondent Dr. Tara Narula and medical correspondent Dr. Darien Sutton, covering health trends and myth-busting.
Burden of Proof launched with the Tupac Shakur trial
The trial show timed its debut to a case that has been unresolved for nearly thirty years.
Opening statements began Monday in Las Vegas in the murder trial of Duane “Keffe D” Davis, charged in the September 7, 1996 killing of Tupac Shakur, who was 25. A preview episode covering jury selection ran Friday, August 14.
Davis has pleaded not guilty and has been held since his arrest in September 2023. He faces one count of murder with a deadly weapon with intent to promote or assist a criminal gang.
Prosecutors do not allege Davis fired the shots. Chief Deputy District Attorney Binu Palal told jurors that Davis planned the shooting in retaliation for a fight involving his nephew earlier that night. Defense attorney Michael W. Sanft argued the state has no physical evidence tying his client to the crime, and that Davis fabricated his account of involvement.
The trial is expected to run at least a month at Clark County District Court.
ABC News already had access to the defendant
Davis gave his first major interview since his arrest to ABC News, telling the network he was innocent and that he had spoken and written about Shakur’s death to make money.
Why Disney is expanding ABC News on streaming
Seni Tienabeso, vice president of ABC News Live and Specialized Units, framed the slate around responsiveness.
“Streaming gives us the ability to respond to our audience in real time,” he said, describing programming built around what viewers are actively searching for, launched first on streaming before expanding to audio and digital.
The move fits a wider Disney push. The company has spent this month positioning Disney+ as what it calls a comprehensive membership ecosystem, and executives have said they are exploring a free ad-supported product on top of the paid tiers. More original programming, made cheaply and daily, feeds both.
It also lands during an unusual stretch for the network. Disney’s ABC stations are currently under an early FCC license review that ABC has formally contested, and Disney has cut hundreds of jobs across its divisions this summer.
Whatever else is happening around it, ABC News is adding four shows rather than subtracting them. The first one is already on the air, following a trial that took thirty years to reach a courtroom.
Article compiled with the help of the Pirates & Princesses newsroom.
Pirates and Princesses is your destination for Disney news, theme park updates, and the pop culture you love. From Disney cruises and travel tips to Disney fashion, food, collectibles, and movie news, PNP covers it all. Visit us at piratesandprincesses.net for daily coverage. Follow PNP on Facebook and Instagram, and listen to the Pirates & Princesses podcast on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Hat Tips:
What’s On Disney Plus (August 17, 2026), Roger Palmer’s report on the four-show announcement, the full host lineup, the platform breakdown, and the Tienabeso statement
Associated Press via US News and Billboard (August 17, 2026), the opening statements, the prosecution and defense arguments, and the charge and plea
NewsNation and News3LV (August 17, 2026), the trial timeline, the expected length, and the case background
Pitchfork via Yahoo (2025), Davis’s jailhouse interview with ABC News


